Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historybuff View Post
I heard that Roush had something to do with the
Mk. IV. Maybe he put together the engine package
that could get it legal so it could be sold at US dealers.
Does Roush own one himself? I think if I bought one
I'd see if McCluskey could convert the dash to an original Cobra look.
Jack does own a Mk IV. He was somewhat involved early on as the intention was to have Roush Performance install the powertrains and distribute the cars. I met with Jack and Brian Angliss to discuss this but Roush wanted an equity position in Autokraft. Brian's answer was "sure, how much of Roush am I getting?" End of discussion.

Roush did do the insatll on one my first Mk IVs and did several "special" builds for the Ford guys. Mike Kranefus had one as did Bob Negstad. Bob told me
"If Jack, Mike and I all rev our cars to 5000 RPM and drop the clutch, the Earth's rotation will change!!!"

The EPA/DOT certification was done by Ford, not Roush. I have copies of the first EPA cert that was faxed to Weybridge when I was there generating a celibratory dinner at "Les Alloute" (sp?) in Esher.

And why convert the dash? It is NOT a sixties Cobra and never will be, it IS a fine automobile with performance that was fairly remarkable in the 80's.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/