View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF supplied the body,frame,and some of the driveline-I completed it to be a very accurate 289 slabside
Not Ranked     

In the photos posted on 5/6 I seem to see what looks like a clump of metal at the bottom of the second helical gear from the left (3 rd gear). In the 4 th gear photo it is gone but it looks like there may be filings there. I realize that this may be just reflections or something else in the photo. At any rate I'm glad you got it sorted out. Back in 65 I bought a new 65 Mustang K code (271 hp) and one reason I bought it was that when I looked at the car at the dealer lot I saw a top loader in it. At this time Ford had just introduced it and Mustangs were coming through with it as well as the previous one which I guess was a weaker T-10 type. After I had the car a while I was not too enamored with the top loader. It would jump out of 3 rd gear on acceleration and do other weird things. Maybe it was a linkage problem but when I built my slabside 289 I used a T-10, because that was what the originals came with and I wanted it to look right. Been happy with the decision, but I only have 280 ft lb of torque, based on the dyno.