Thread: Stumped!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

I am with Tommy on much info from plugs that have mixed run conditions. What manifold you running, a single or dual plane? In the end she is hot and thats the bottom line.

What diameter is your crank pulley and what is the W/P pulley diameter?
What are your manifold vacuum readings at idle and held at 2K RPM (steady state -no load)?
Are you seeing any signs she is running fat A/F mixture yet, any black smoke or fouling?
I bet you have a 4 corner adjust carb.... can you close each corner adjust screw
and kill engine? I looking for major lean condition here, any signs? Keep jetting
up until you know she is just to rich as a testing tool.
Remove the hood and drive it long enough to be sure if there is any difference.
Last trick coming to mind at the moment is TOO PROVE timing = advance anther 10 degrees and advance until you get her to rattle and ping under a load. Once you get her to rattle back down about 4 degrees at a time until it stops. Again this is just to prove all your timing marks etc... after you find max timing point the look at and record displayed set point -does displayed timing make sense? 20 initial and 40 total seem fine but make sure something weird has not happened. Give me a call when you find it.

Last edited by vettestr; 06-24-2012 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: forgot spell check