View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
Originally Posted by Zedn
This one has ended but you can contact them.

AC COBRA SC427 REPLICA KIT ROLLING CHASSIS AND BODY,FIBREGLASS KIT CAR, SHELBY | eBay
I don't think it did, it didn't get to reserve.
I'm talking to the half built kit in penrith. Thanks AC 460. Engineering is looking at the possibility to get the 351 into it. It was a 2001 kit, so square chassis. The rear end is a independent BA. So you can't put deep dish mags on it. Bummer. According to the CR site, they will fit up to 6"4' But I'll have to ring CR to see if the early kits were the same. I've sat in some extended cobras, but the problem has been with the chassis behind the seat, not allowing it to go back far enough, There is still a few inches to the shell.With a bit of work, I don't think it'll be a problem, Thinner seats, dropped floor, auto. Has anyone built a tilt front end?
Rear is actually AU falcon. A few have built custom arms\driveshafts to get more rear dish. There are a few Classic revivals in SA. I believe the body changed little from square tube to round tube chassis, apart from the rear bulkhead coming down more square. With the incline on your seats I dont think this makes a lot of difference to legroom. CR has one of the roomier cockpits anyway. There are some pretty tall guys with CR's.
CR are widely considered to be one of the best kits out there. Think about the auto though - less desirable IMO if you ever want to sell. Dont worry about tilt front - be a hassle and its already painted.

Cheers