View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItBites View Post
FUNFER2

That is strange. My Midstates was finished in 1992 and was easily titled in Nebraska back then. It was titled as an assembled vehicle (ASVE) and the process was really easy.

The title said 1966 Cobra for the model and the manufacturer was ASVE. No hassles at all. Strange to hear your troubles. Mine was titled in Lincoln at the DMV. What town were you in with this difficulty?
I'm in Eagle, 10 miles east of Lincoln in Cass County. I know a established Hot Rod builder in Lincoln (Roger Nunn) said at the time that he's always had problems with the DMV for titles. He and his gang would go down to the legislator to have them listen to what we need to license home built custom cars, but said they did not have the time. Even the Lancaster Sheriff told me at the time, that I could not get a title without a previous title. I think,...it was around 2005 that they finally made provisions for Hot Rods, kit cars, home made trailers etc. The state lost a lot,......of money since the late 60's of not allowing people to license their cars.

I don't know what you did different back then, but all the power to you !

Last edited by FUNFER2; 06-26-2012 at 04:50 PM..