View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

To do this with the Mark 4 FFR, you would need to do it one of 2 ways-

Install fender flares to handle the extra width of the wheels/tires. There are several guys on the FF5 board (ffcars.com) that have done this but I don't know where they sourced the flares. You may want to post on the other forum to find out.

The other way is way more complicated and may not work at all-
Relocate the trunk framework inboard enough to clear the wheels. The problems that arise with this approach is the tire width will intrude further into the driver/passenger compartment, making it harder to place the seats due to the larger wheel arches.
Also, you will probably need to fabricate some new suspension pieces as the shock mounting locations are already very close to the wheels and won't clear with the wider wheels if the offset is inboard.
You would also need to fabricate new metal for the trunk, wheel arches, elephant ears behind the tires, and figure out if the fuel tank will fit or if you will need a new tank fabbed or go to a fuel cell.

If you have a fab shop, none of these items will be insurmountable with enough time and money.....

Sounds like a scratch build to me.......

Of course, pictures will be required.

Bob