View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

Great comments from both Tommy and Rick .... however , I have several comments as I also track my ERA .... and used to run SCCA and dirt tracks . The ATE blue fluid permanently stains anything that is clear , i.e , the lines from my pressure bleeder , the reservoir on the car and the catch bottles . I now use the amber ATE and just look at the volume in the bottles .
X2 on the arm restraints in an open cockpit car ... mine are from Simpson and cost less than $40 .
Spring selection ... unless you have talked to someone who is/has run your setup and told you what he is running , you might want to spend some time doing motion ratio , suspension frequency and wheel rate calcs . Might save you some money on buying many different springs ... however , probably a good starting point might be just go about 30% higher on spring rates .
Other than safety equipment , the scales will be your best friend , as will be a really good alignment .
Listen to Rick and Tommy , they have been doing this a long time .
BTW , I have the Avon`s and to get the most out of a radial , I found that the camber settings have to be much greater than what you run on the street .... in the order of 2 to 2 1/2 degrees negative . Also , watch your brake pads ... if they say street and limited track , understand that they mean LIMITED track as they will overheat and then glaze over .