View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hose to Radiator Outlet Question

I am looking for some suggestions on the best way to connect a hose from my lower radiator outlet to my block. See the picture below. I am using the A&C radiator mount so the radiator leans forward slightly at ~ 75 degrees. I have a Howe aluminum radiator --26" by 19" and have a 351 small block. From the picture you can see that the lower outlet angles up toward the steering rack. I have thought about a few options on how to route the lower hose.

With the current upward angle of the outlet I don't really have enough room for a 90 degree elbow to go down below the cross-member easily. If I do use an elbow I would need to have an angle > 90 degrees to clear the rack.

If I go above the cross-member I would have to have it go from the radiator towards the middle part of the cross-member and then angle back to the drivers side to return to the block.

I could also have the outlet angle changed by having it re-welded and angled down.

I would be interested in seeing photos of how others have handled this with the outlet on the drivers side and traversing the steering rack/crossmember.