View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Nice run

sspano01 Nice run Steve. What where your tire pressures? As for the 15 or 17" wheels, you are new to this and the car, Stay with the 15" until it doesn't scare you any more. Your driving will get smoother and faster in time. The most important thing is your temps and pressures. The camera is too high. Any time you have tire noise you are pulling 1/2 a "G" or more and we need to watch this. Low oil pressure kill more motors and anything else.
You need a extra person to start with and to chart some things like weather conditions, tire pressures, and most important tire temps. Tire temps will tell you if the car is happy with the alignment and setup. You are looking for a temp from the inside to the out side of the same. I don't have enough time to explain all this to you a this point. R&G is in Tulsa, a long 2 day drive. I doubt it is going to fit into my free time this year.
Take at easy wildman. Work on hitting the brake zones and running the curves. The most fun is floating the car through a turn from right to left and back. There is one thing we left out, if you are going to get the bug with this, get a rollcage built for the car that is removable. It may save you at 100 mph, at 140 phm your in god's hands Rick L. Ps adjust camera to see dash for readings on oil pressure gauage. You also might want to get a low oil pressure light install where you can see it without changing your sight line. This will help save a motor. I broke a rocker shaft and ran around the track with 7 cylinders and about 25-30 psi of oil at speed, didn't feel anything with the car. Accusump saved motor from damage with giving it 30 psi until tank emptied. Have fun up your tire pressures in the rear a couple of pounds. Rick