View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Don't forget the Hurricane offerings.

Their styling and kit is getting more and more like the origiinals, their cross-braced frame is quite sturdy, the factory support is incredible and the kit is complete, no chasing parts from a salvage yard.

It would be my choice if I were to be buying a kit rather than an already completed car.

A few musings:

If you like to do a LOT of the work, a FFR might be the one for you...however, the companies you mentioned are more high end. Is there some reason you did not include the ERA products? Their kits are quite complete, reportedly come with parts in place so you are not confused about where or how things fit, that sort of thing. They are highly respected in the field, not that SP, Shelby or Kirkham aren't. In the past ERA was slow to produce and there was a long wait for delivery, but I have heard that is getting better.

If originality is paramount to you, how about an imported AC product, or perhaps a Hawk replica (British, no U.S. distributors so you would have to import, but very accurate and detailed).

This quest can be quite exhausting...good luck in your search!

Cheers!

Doug

No names were changed to protect the innocent!