View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:58 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
Thanks-

I have seen a variety of prices- most are in my price range (New is in the 80'- used 35-65K ish range
You need to be looking at Contemporary, ERA, Hi Tech before you look at a Superformance if you expect it to be close to original in looks and detailing. SPF builds a great car, but they have taken liberties with their designs and engineering. Kirkham and CSX continuation series cars rarely come up used in your price range, so you might as well drop the dream of either of those two companies for now. Add another 20-25K on to your budget and you might find one used and in decent enough shape to call a nice daily driver.

Also, while we are on the subject of daily driver, whatever you decide to buy, make sure it has wipers, heater, and a convertible top. You might not think you need them, but if you plan to use it as a daily driver, eventually, you will need each of those items I have listed.

Finally, forget about looking at these cars as an investment, look at it as the toy it is meant as and you will eventually find the car you so desire.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS