View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA street version
Not Ranked     
Default ERA vs Unique FIA

I have to admit normally Im a pretty compulsive person when it comes to cars. I have been researching these two manufacturers for several years, and still having a hard time deciding which one to go with. I had my mind made up on ERA, but I find myself going back to the Unique full pallet kit.
Budget being the most deciding factor.

If I were building a full race replica hands down it would be the ERA.
But the options Im wanting to incorporate into my build are standard on the Unique full pallet kit, full interior,street dash, wilwood brakes ect. Comparing apples to apples if I wereto option an ERA to the deluxe pallet Unique,I would be looking at about a 7000 dollar differance. If I did my math correctly.

Now on the Unique there are 3 or 4 details that stick out to me, but the biggest is tank location and trunk space. The others are radiator angle, the lack of removable trans tunnel, and it seems the steering wheel sits higher also. I belive this could be fairly easily remidied with a little fab work.

So I guess my question to the owners on the forum is,have I missed any other major details of these cars? The bodies themselves look pretty comparative but the devil is in the details.

Thanks Troy