View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

I was on a budget when I started in on my decision. Looking back, I made the right choice. Unique makes a very solid car, but the ERA just "looks right". I also considered some fab work on a Unique to make things a little more authentic, but then you open a whole new can of worms. The resale market on Cobras isn't as strong as it was 10yrs ago. You should also take that into consideration. If, for some reason, you need to offload the car you need to make sure you know what is selling. I think both sell pretty well, so long as they are built desirably.
I didn't make a trip to either shop before my purchase, I don't think it's necessary. I've since been to ERA & it was a fun trip. Neat to see where it all happens & talk to the guys. But, there is enough info here on the site & people willing to give their testimonials that I just don't see the need, unless you just need to go see for yourself.
The last point I'll make is that you can save a few bucks between the time you put down your deposit & the car actually ships out the door. I made a number of upgrades in that time.