View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/S65 View Post
Lippy enjoy the build time with your kids. That time together will make some priceless memories. Just remind them whats said in the garage stays in the garage...

I totally agree with you on the original look of the ERA, it has the right lines, the right stance, and all the other details look right.

The Unique on the other hand, "droopy butt", rear wheel openings dont look correct, lower rockers dont have the correct curve, the car sits low, the side pipes are tucked tighter into the rocker. Frankly I didnt realy notice that until I was talking to Allen, I knew something was different but couldnt put my finger on it. The reason is the car looks right to me. Not correct, but visually these differances make the car look tighter. And there lies my conflict. Do I put my money into the more period looking car? or the one I personaly find more visually appealing. (retorical question)
You are exactly where I was when I started looking, except I was looking for a 427 car. I too had narrowed it down to Unique and ERA. Unique had the early advantage due to the cost factor, but then I went to Carlisle and saw each car in person and had an opportunity to compare them side by side. IMO, the rear of the 427 ERA just had a nicer look than the 427 Unique. The tires filled out the rear fenders better and the rear was just was fuller, rounder and curvier and it just sat right. Yes, I am still talking about cars. I promptly sent my deposit check to Peter when I got home from Carlisle.

The intersting thing is I view Unique's 289 and 427 differently. I actually like their 289 car much more than I like the look of their 427 car. If we're talking 427 cars, I think ERA has significant advantage in the looks department, but if we're talking 289 cars, I think ERA still looks better than Unique's 289 car, although not by much.

You can't go wrong with either car or company, both are great. As someone else said, get which ever car you like the most and what fits your budget best. If you don't have the cash right now to do exactly what you want with it, you can always upgrade over time.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."