View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

A/S 65:
My answer will be a compound answer so bear with me:
Unique-I have no knowledge on how these cars are done but a quick browse of their site they seem to be quite nice.
ERA-that was my first choice when I decided to buy a Cobra, about 6 years ago I visited the factory in New Britain CT and got a tour of the factory and how are these cars made in detail. I was very impressed, knowing how the original Cobras were built, ERA are one of the most loyal to that design that I could found. Unfortunately the price is a determining factor many times and 2nd- fitting. The prices of ERA has gone off the charts at times, I don't know if this is justified or not. Fitting, I am a 260lb 6'1" guy and fitting comfort is a big factor to me. Fitting in an ERA for 2hrs was not comfortable, neither it was in an original Cobra then.

Having said this (I will probably get shot for this) but I bought a West Coast Cobra. The body is 6" longer and 4" wider, the cockpit is a dream when we talk comfort, the wheel base difference makes this car a delight to drive (2800lbs).

I am not looking to race my car, but if I did I would not mind racing this baby, I have one with a true 427 side oiler and it has 520hp at the rear wheels and more torque than I will ever need.

The lines of the car are sexier (IMHO) and flow better and wider. If you are a purist and want a car looking as close as the real thing go for the ERA or Unique. If you are looking for comfort Go for WCC.

Now before you do this, go to the New York Dealer for West Coast Cobras; Perry Adams and don't go to the website home office, you will be disappointed. Perry will take care of you 1st class. (perrya77@hotmail.com) and deal with him.

Go to my albums of the Lake George Cobra Run 2012 and you will see both my car and Perry's there.
I hope that I did not bore you too much but I must be trutful and loyal to my car.
Cheers and good luck
Lou (Basque1)
PS
The Black one is mine and the blue one id Perry's