View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Hello Guys fellow WCC owners:

Thanks so much for all your replies, this makes it worth it. I agree that we must forget about Vern and his lack of Customer Service, and move on to getting our heads together for the purpose of making a solid list of replacement parts that are common to all the cars.

I just got a PDF assembly manual with parts #s etc from another WCC or WCC clone the Kellison and it is extremely close to what we have. My car was supposedly built in 1984 with a 427 real side oiler and a 5 spd Doug-Bash tranny coupled to a Ford 9" rear non IRS.

If you all send me your respective emails I can send you the manual. Or if you guys have some infor or manual for the car we can should share them.

I agree with Ray the fact that it ios not the common type Cobra...who cares, it is a great looking car and performance wise I have no complaints. But we all need to replace parts at some point and not knowing the origin it is a guessing game. I for instance had to replace the alternator this past week, it was a monumemntal task to convice the space cadet behind the counter to look up an engine and not a car, finally I got so frustrated that I said look for a ford fairlane 1965!!! he said what is a Fairlane? I knew I was in trouble then . Eventually by parts matching we got one and it worked.
This is the kind of nonsense that infuriates me .
I hope to hear from all of you and once again tks for your replies.
Basque 1 (Lou)

Last edited by BAsque1; 08-05-2012 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: typo and correction of brand name