View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 758 482FE
Not Ranked     
Default Making the right choice

I just spoke with the seller of this car this morning. He is the second owner (with 500 miles). I asked him directly regarding the shifter location and said that it was already built when he got it and it was built with originality in mind. I do not think that offsetting the shifter six inches to the left has originality in mind, but I would want to fit a 5-speed anyway. It is still a very nice machine with a very desirable engine built by a reputable shop. He explained that he does not want to "beat up" the car by driving it around in his area of Lake Tahoe with the sand and gravel on the roads. Also admitted to buying the car as an investment and just selling it for that reason. No problem there, maybe he bought it at a great price. I'm tempted to make an offer, but after reading this thread, not really sure because of the afformentioned
"debugging" stages of these cars. I have never owned a Cobra, but have been working hard and saving for the right car. I thought I'd buy one with a SB stroker and save some money on the purchase and then build up my Genesis block on my own and install later. Then realized I was going to need headers etc. to fit the big block. Just trying to buy what I want without making common mistakes. I like he car fine, don't love the blue/silver stripe too much though. I'm more of a silver/no stripe fan. But I could make a concession on color choice for the right car.
Any suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

BTW; This is my first post on this cool site.
Thanks