View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rub35 View Post
I I'm tempted to make an offer, but after reading this thread, not really sure because of the afformentioned
"debugging" stages of these cars. I have never owned a Cobra, but have been working hard and saving for the right car. I thought I'd buy one with a SB stroker and save some money on the purchase and then build up my Genesis block on my own and install later. Then realized I was going to need headers etc. to fit the big block. Just trying to buy what I want without making common mistakes.
Don't let the "debugging" thing scare you. A well completed SPF done by someone who knows what they are doimg will not require much "fettling".

Expect to retighten some exhaust system bolts, reset the timing after some miles, perhaps adjust the ride height after some miles but nothing major and nothing beyond what an involved owner or qualified repair shop would do.

Most SPF MK IIIs never have a warranty claim filed on them and the bulk of issues are engine related, usually involving the "mega horsepower" powertrains.

You can exchange the tranny for a TKO600 and fix the tunnel quite easily. Turn around and sell the old gearbox and your cost has been halved. You will need a different bellhousing and perhaps clutch system but nothing huge or ultra expensive. Take out the seats (eight bolts), remove the tunnel to exchange the bell and trans and fix the shifter hole while the tunnel is out. A new piece of carpet and shifter boot ring and you are stylin'!

And I agree about tires. I will not deliver a car with BFG TAs on it. I don't want to be party to a homicide!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 08-10-2012 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: added