View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rub35 View Post
...Boy, you guys really don't care for the BFG tires huh? They must suck on these cars.
They only thing they have going for them is the "look" if you like that "look".

They are hard, often out-of round, hard to balance and don't spit on the road, they will lose traction.

The Avons are the BEST street legal option....and the most expensive!. The Mickey Thompson S/Rs are good. A step down from them is the Mickey Thompson S/T and Cooper Cobra twins (they are made by the same company at the same facility). The Goodyear GT IIs were popular but are only fair in reality and no longer available in the correct sizes.

All of that horsepower and control must be put through four small contact patches to keep your butt out of the ditch (or worse) so the best tires you can buy are a good investment. Do you want to do donuts when you drop the hammer in front of the guys you are showing off for?

It amazes me that guys will spend THOUSANDS for extra horsepower and then put tires on the car that can't transmit it to the ground!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/