View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Hey everybody,

It's been too long without an update for you guys do here it is

The car has been at my friend's shop, Perfect Power in Buffalo Grove IL (Perfect Power). He did the alignment, weight balance, and general look over the car to check my work. The main issue right now is a serious rich spot from 2000-2500 rpm... I have to look into deeper this week. It runs well at any rpm besides the ones I just mentioned. Weird stuff, but we're getting close.

It is all aligned. I'll post the alignment sheet when I get home next week. The car came in just shy of 2200 lbs. Not bad but I was hoping for a little less It has a balance of 51% front and 49% rear.

Otherwise I have to make a mounting bracket for the MAP sensor, get the speedo fixed (never worked..), adjust the pedals a bit (move them to the right more), and it should be "done" for now.

Lastly, the steering is pretty stiff, to the point where it is doesn't want to come back to center on it's own, which is kind of an important issue. What has you guys's experience with your steering? Does it loosen up after some driving? I'm sure all the components have to break in a bit but I'm not sure if there is something I can do to help the process.

Have a good one,

A