View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default carpet

Hi. Four lift the dots for each front mat. No question, no stories. I have my original floor mats and my original aluminum floor pans. The lift the dots receivers are sort of crimped into the carpet compressing the rubber backing of the carpet and covering the carpet on the top- upper surface.There is a dedicated tool for installing them correctly into the carpet. The four lift the dots pins, current available are a little different than original, the style of the head now is more round and the finish is different, are thru bolted with a nut on the underside of the car. They are not threaded into the floor. A hole drilled - passed through and a nut on the back side. I will check if it is a regular hex nut or aerotite, can't remember right now. I will have to check. The AC, idea for lift the dots made for easier servicing (cleaning) of the front mat, where all the wear and dirt would accumulate from your big, fat, dirty,shoes. The carpet under the seat is held down by the seat tracks mainly, with a touch of yellowish glue at the perifery, but not all the way out to the intersecting vertical carpeting. The aluminum floor is NOT painted but raw. There was a foot /heal pad on both the driver and the passenger sides, no questions. The pad protected the original poor quality carpet from rapid deterioration. All of the above pertains to a 427 car. I am not sure of 289 stuff. I have owned my car for 39 years. Mickmate ( Nick) is a very nice guy, and a good friend.