View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just wanted to give my input as I come primarily from the EFI tuning world. I've tuned on three or four different systems and personally have been really happy with VEMS (Versatile Engine Management Systems). It has sequential injection for 8 injectors, all the outputs you'd ever need (including outputs for 8 coils), and has been rock solid for me. Plus, you can get an Econoseal version (wire yourself with econoseal connections) for around $800.

The problem is, not everyone is inclined towards this kind of setup. It requires a sharp individual if you really want to make things smooth, but a good dealer can help you out a great deal with a tune over the internet. I have personally tuned several turbo cars remotely (just fuel and such, I will only tune spark on a dyno) with good results and for free. My friend who is a dealer for the system does the same.

I have seen good things from MoTeC as well. I wouldn't really mess with anything else if you don't want to deal with little niggles and such or don't have the time or desire to learn a thing or two about tuning standalone EFI management systems. Anyway, the bottom line is that I would recommend VEMS and MoTeC based on personal experience.