View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default Another Road Trip!!!!

Once a year, The Mile High Cobra Club in Colorado gathers together for a 3 day week end. I also wrote about last years trip on this forum. It's not exactly the last event of the year, but it's our last big event. I don't know how many years the club has been doing this, but this is probably the 5th or 6th for Michele and I.

This is not a "huge" or "exciting" event, I suppose. But this is the one I look foreward to the most. We usually get about 20 cars, more or less. We go to the same small town, Grand Lake, CO. We stay in the same hotel. We eat in the same restaurants, and have the same catered BBQ on Saturday night.

Sounds pretty boring, right? NOT! This week end is mostly about friends and family. We talk, laugh, tell jokes, laugh, bench race, laugh, drive really fast, drink a little too much, and laugh some more. Did I mention we laugh a lot?

This is a week end about friendship and the simple joy of spending time with people you love. And, it just so happens that we all like Cobra's! What a coincidence!

We start by gathering together on Friday morning. We gather at the same gas station - coffee, donuts, gasoline, now that's a darned good combo.

We then took a nice drive through the mountains, and ended up at our little hotel on the lake.

Susan, I gotta tell ya, that pole thing was fabulous! I'm still laughing about that.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto