View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Roadster,428FE, 2X4's; 1966 GT 350 Clone; 1968 Shelby GT-350
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins2 View Post
As I wait for my car to arrive, I've been searching for driving schools in the Northeast. My preference would be to be able to take my car out, get some instruction and then be able to test the limits in an area where I wouldn't hit something if I spun out. Most of the tracks and programs I've read about have requirements on convertibles that the Cobra 427 model with standard behind the driver only rollbar won't meet. So, I assume a driving course in one of their cars will still be beneficial but thought I'd ask around also. I've looked at large parking lots in the area and haven't yet found something appropriate...and getting permission would probably be difficult since everyone is so concerned with liability. Any ideas? I'm in PA just west of Philly.

Regards,

Kevin
Hey Kevin,
During London Cobra Show Week (3rd week of June) the Ohio Cobra Club sponsors a driving school at Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course. You will receive world class instruction there and drive your own Cobra through the Paddock Drills and on the actual racetrack, if you want. Mid-Ohio, Ohio Cobra Club and the London Cobra Show all have web sites that will provide more information.
You don't have to be terrified of your car, but you had better respect it's potential. And like Silverback said, Please put GOOD tires on the beast.
Hope this helps,
steve