View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     
Default How a wiped roller lifter is a good thing..maybe

ok so after staring at my car in disgust for 9 months...hell might even be more, i started to tear into the motor to see what kind of carnage a solid roller lifter has done after it left go.

i had started a thread before but with no followup, since i'm too lazy to find it i'll re-cap.

had to panic stop at an intersection and motor stalled, when i re-started i had that wonderful tap-appity-tap.....so limped home 3 miles, parked it took off the valve cover and had 3\8" lash on #7 intake.

so i knew the roller had said "ok i'm done" fast forward to last week.

took off the intake, which included removing the whole T&D rocker system,

and saw the lifter, looked fine from the top, ground off the strap to remove the exhaust lifter, stuck my finger under there to get an idea of what i had and, no roller.....and no way to get her out the top. so ok, lets see if the cam can actually come out of the car with the motor in......nope, well no without removing a complex shrouding and a very well installed 7 core Radiator, ok out comes the engine.

headers...off, heads....off, remote oil filter....off.....damn how do iget at the bellhousing bolts, they're sockethead cap screws, mother*%$#in as-h$LL#$%^&, ok got them out......now make a aluminum strap to bolt to the frame to hold up the trans when the motor comes out.....

ok engine out.....not easy, had to go at it from the side of the car, nose too long to use the cherry picker that way.

motor on stand, spin the crank looking in cylinders, damn, F'ed up wall, yep debris got caught between the wall and piston, not bad but will need a new piston and a hone.

ok going to load pics.......and i'll post them in a couple so far.