View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
Are you after a manual. Hard to find. I just bought a auto ea. If your going to do up the engine anyway, why by a AU?
JD
Going to use a TKO600, so auto is fine. From what I understand, disabling EB-EL smartlock is a lot easier than the AU's higher security system... the only reason I'd buy an AU wreck would be maybe the better heads, injectors and throttle body, but only if the price was right.

My goals for the engine are a full rebuild and stroking to 5.6L as a definate. I want 400-450 hp at the engine absolute max, but it'll need more than just stroking to get that. I also want to keep it as drivable and smooth as it can be and emmisions compliant if possible. Was considering a supercharger as well as stroking but the $$$ is just too much... oh well I've got time to figure it out.
(EDIT: have been reading up on 347 kits vs 331 kits. Thinking a 331 stroker will be a better option due to the oil ring issue on the 347 kits)

A worn EB engine will probably do nicely for what I'm after. Thinking I'll need new cam + heads or porting + forced induction anyway, to make it work how I want it. I am quite new to 302's though so maybe I'm way off the mark - wouldn't be the first time

Did look at 302 HO engines but the ones I saw were not that common and seemed expensive considering what I'm trying to do. I also really like the idea of getting a complete wreck, it'll have everything I need with hopefully no dramas (wishful thinking maybe)

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone was a wrecker, or had experience from the past if they bought a wreck at auction, anything like that. Anything at all?

Last edited by Ryder; 09-18-2012 at 09:30 AM..