Thread: New build
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     
Default JBL Build Update

OK, its been a while, but we're getting close to something that's fun to show off in pictures. It been a lot of hard work (for Larry and my credit card). The frame is fairly complete except for getting boxed in. We'll have a B2Motorsports SB 427 engine to trial fit next Monday along with the the Tremec 6sp tranny. TeamIII wheels should be ready with rubber next week too. Brent Lykins did a great job for me on the engine. It will be a beast. (see the dyno chart below and his separate build thread if you haven't already!).

The main body has been fitted to the frame and it all fits like a glove. Larry spent a lot of time getting the body perfect. I'm confident you'll be able to tell when it all comes together. And you should see how the doors fit, wow. I'd show you the seams, but they are hard to see

In case you haven't seen one, this chassis is basically a JBL competion series chassis with a cage mounted to it. (see jblmotor.com) It will feature, IRS, inboard shocks front and rear, cockpit adjustable sway bars, Wilwood 6 piston calipers up front and 4 pot in the rear, full belly pan, and hopefully a few other tricks Richard and Larry will design/fit into the car.

Larry's got a lot of work left to do, but is making great progress. Next week will be a big week. I'll post more pics as progress continues.

Mat