View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
As some have said, join a club. Talk to the members about the cars, look at alot of different cars. Read about different kits. Replicas in that price range will vary in build quality and components.

If you have limited mechanical skills I would not try building a Cobra. It's a car and people get in over their head and never finish.

If you join a club perhaps some of the more knowledgable members may even agree to look at some prospects with you to guide you on your choice.

Word of warning. A lot of guys think they want a Cobra till they get one. They are not for everyone. They are impractical, hot, loud, uncomfortable on any extended drive, smell of exhaust, oil and gas, mechanically needy, narrow market on resale, wives universally hate them ( a redeeming feature), set off car alarms, attract to much attention both good and bad, crash safety of a beer can with an uncanny ability to invite you to use to much of the go peddle only to then bite your head off and swallow it whole, pits and all.
Great reply- especially the last paragraph. What I love about this common response as I'm shopping for my first Cobra is, the more I read it the more I want one!!