Thread: ADR 3/03 seats
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by just dreamin View Post
Oz The Tirerack door is closing, I am told they cannot supply to Aust unless they include original paperwork from manufacturer citing testing and compliance testing with their tyres. Dunlop and some others are excluded as they sell in Oz. So Tirerack have refused to supply and ship here as its too much red tape. So much for competition in the market place and a level playing field. Cant wait for the GST to kick in on internet purchases. Whats the cry Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy No No No.

I was chatting to Ethan Burns at TireRack yesterday and he informed me that they are still shipping to Australia. They recently had to make changes to their dealer arrangements with Yokohama, Hankook and some Michelin's. They are no longer permitted to ship these brands out of the USA. Only some of the Michelin tyres are still ok for export.

In order to get an accurate quote from them, you will need to supply your name. billing address, shipping address if different to the billing address, email address,home telephone No, including the country code and another telephone No if you can be reached elsewhere.

After they put together your order and have it weighed, he submits the order to shipping companies for quotes. Once he has the quotes, he chooses the lowest price and sends you an email with the total price. If you change the order in any way, start again from scratch.

They collect for shipping charges only. Any duties, customs, brokerage or taxes is the responsibility of the buyer. Tire Rack cannot accept credit card payments for international orders, only use bank wire transfers.

I think Ethan has taken over from Fred Helmuth, the man we all used to deal with. Hope this helps. I think I might duplicate this quote as a new thread
as it applies to just about all of us.

Baz