View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: StreetBeasts, 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsiewert View Post
Hi every one. I'm in the process of building a CMC cobra that was bought from the first purchaser. He bought it in '93 and it sat in his barn....(? a barn find? ) It seems to be mostly there and I'm not having any problems with the build.....alot of mechanical and race knowlage help. The build manual leaves alot to be desired but the pictures help. It's on 4 wheels and I'm running the lines for the brakes now.

Question: what modificatioins have other CMC builders included in thier build? I don't want just a plain jane cobra... Any ideas? I just found a IRS in a T-Bird that may be destined for the cobra! Pictures would help too
Hey, sounds like you and I are doing the same thing, and at about the same stage of build. For mods...., lots to list, here's a few off the top of my head:

- Upgraded front suspension, chopped arms off frame and went with tubular.
- custom engine mounts
- posi rear, custom coil over shock mounts, raised and cut into bottom of fiberglass to get rear tires higher into body
- FFR wheels, 245/315
- custom removable roll bars, chromed on top, super strong, 1.75" DOM tubing, with removable twin side impact cage down inside of doors to floor.
- custom front torsion bar mounts
- SFI clutch housing and kavalar layered center tunnel around trans, with dual loops for shaft housing
- Walnut veneer dash
- Some fiberglass body improvements

Other than that I think most of the 'mods' will just be mechanical choices such as a 331 engine, and some other more or less common stuff.

Would be happy to chat about or share ideas.

Best!