View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK III,462 FE/TKO 600, IRS w/3.27
Not Ranked     

I'll probably never sell mine, but others have probably thought the same thing and wound up doing so.

I was able to ride in an original 289 Cobra in 1969, I've wanted one ever since. I've spent 3 of the last 4 yrs building my FFR. I took a year off while my mom was living with us, she was battling cancer, and lost the battle.

In the last year, I've had it to two open track days, and absolutely loved it. I learned more about the car on the track than I ever would've on the street. I still respect it, but now I know how much I can push it, up to my ability, street tire capabilities, etc. A little over 1,000 street miles on it, still w/o paint. I blew the motor on the last track outing, so now I'm itching for the new 462 FE to be ready to install. This one will have four 48 IDA Webers on it.

My wife loves it, even tho' I can't get her to drive it, yet. As soon as it is running again, I'm gonna insist she take it for a gentle spin. She keeps after me to get it painted. I'm having to much fun driving it and tinkering with it, but we have finally settled on colors, as soon as we get the new engine installed and tuned.

I have a 5 yr old son who has all indications of being a very serious gear head. If he stays interested, it may be his some day.

I hope I never have to sell it, but if I do HAVE to, at least I can say I had one.

FFR#6143 Mk III: FE 462" w/four 48 IDA Weber's w/TKO 600 .82, IRS w/3.27, 17" Team III's w/245/45's & 315/35's. Gas N's.

Picked it up end of Aug '08
First start May 12, '10
First go kart May 26, '10
Tag & title 5-26-11, driving in gel coat
Painted Nov 2015

'05 Harley Wide Glide (60 hp stock, now 107 hp & 107 ft/lbs at wheel. Mid 11's in the 1/4 mi.)
'55 Bel Air hot rod project (WIP)