View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Bob has a good picture that he sent me once - looking into the hood scope of an ERA with a MR intake and a good deal of the air cleaner was sitting up in and very visible in the scope. You might call Doug at ERA and see what they think is the best manifold that will clear.

Obviously ERAChase has a good and valid point but it isn't the end of the world. I had Keith Craft build my motor out of old parts with steel heads, LR dual quad intake, 9:1 compression, mild hydraulic cam, and 4.25 inch stroke and it still dyno'd at 480HP/530+Torque (past peak torque when his pull data started). With a set of Edelbrock heads, a little more compression and a little more cam I would think the HP number could easily have been boosted by another 50 or so and still produced a pretty mild motor. Another 22 cubic inches on top of my motor would help even more. Jay Brown's (hope I have his name correct from memory) manifold comparison book found my LR dual quad intake to actually perform very respectively - very good torque numbers and decent HP at least up to moderate rpms. I think some of the aftermarket versions of the 428 Cobra Jet 1x4 intake also perform pretty well.