View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Talking Fun in the Kirkham

I am having trouble getting the smile off my face...

Had my Kirkham now for just on 5 weeks and travelled 5000 kilometers so far - 3000 miles in US talk..

I am enjoying the Cobra, it's handling, braking and general comfort is fantastic.

I made a few changes to give me more room - pressed the floor down under the seat to give the seat base more down direction. This "Bernie bubble" as it has been called allows my 90kg - 200lb - to drop down about 20mm - 1 inche. I also pressed the inner guard to allow the seat to go back 30mm.

As the weather can get quite cold I have fitted a roof.

I have had an opportunity to give the Cobra some spirited driving around the Great Ocean Road and through the winding coastal hills.

The only small problems I have found are -

The ignition key hits my left knee when I get really moving in corners changing gears and I turn the ignition off. I rectified this by taking spare keys off the ignition key. May move the ignition to the centre of the dash..

I have found the fuel/gas tank gets pressured up and bangs and complains
loudly when I open the gas cap. The valve on the fuel/gas cap is working. the tank bangs whilst filling it with fuel. I will check this as I don't want to break welds.

I have a few oil leaks, but that is to be expected. Once I run it a little more and re change oils etc. out I will re tension everything.

The 468 aluminum Shelby has lived up to my expectations. It is a real hang on experience.

I promise I will not wear it out to quickly..

Cheers.....
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026