View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Just to tie up some lose ends, I called QA-1 and the 806****** long number I had was the UPC code and I do have the standard 7564 shock that comes on B&Bs. The 3363 that Dwight gave is the older version of new 7563. The last number is the valving. So a 3 is softer than the 4. So Larry's shock 7563 has softer valving than my 7564.

At this point my options are, redo the shock mounts, or buy shorter shocks. I was considering buying stiffer springs anyway.

I called B&B and left a message for Bryan Anderson to call me after explaining the situation.

SUMMARY
I want to summarize the situation so those that may have the same situation understand. I bought my kit the end of may 2009. It is not on the road yet, but close. My vin ends with 411. The 7553/7554 rear shock that comes on these cars has a travel of 11.43 to 17.53, with about a 6" total travel. The mid-travel point for this shock is 14.48". My shock ride height now is 12.75". My distance between my bump stop and axle is just about 1.25" with a ride height of 28" fender lip to ground. If I hit a hard pump more than 1.32", which it will, the shock will bottom out and will most likely break. It only has to compress the bump stop .07" to bottom out.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger

Last edited by Wbulk; 11-13-2012 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: Summary added