View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks a lot for the input guys! Can't wait to get this project started properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Thats absolute gold, very helpful - I knew about some of those issues but not all of them, and this is the perfect stage to work on resolving them. Why re-invent the wheel?

I do need to reseach the skyline rear end, I'm sure it's been covered on here so I'll dust off the search funtion button and find out what ratios come from what cars.

With the wheels, I fully appreciate there may be dramas getting offsets correct, however I'm buying some vintage wheel replicas of another member on here. He had then on his Harrison. They look as new and at $1000, I cant really turn them down. If they aren't quite right, I'm a qualified fitter/turner by trade, so I might be able to machine spacers or machine the rims and re-powdercoat them, or if it looks way out then I can always sell them for probably what I paid - bit of a gamble but I think it'll be ok... hopefully...
If not, well it'll have been a good excuse to convince the wife I need a home lathe

Oh, yes I live in Townsville right now but am moving back to Sydney for work, for the next 6 years at least. Will be driving down with a car trailer and picking up the car on the way, and it'll be the first thing to get to the new house before the rest of our stuff arrives. See? Got my prorities right at least!