View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
What you are removing are the WIPAC headlamps that cam standard with the car. They contain a small parking (or running) light. That is your only lighting on the front of the car when you flip the headlight switch to the first position. Your 2 small lights below the headlights only function as turn signals. Hopefully the Lucas Tri-bars that you purchased ore 'dipped" in the proper directon for US roads, and that they also contain the small running lights... If not you'll need to do some modifications to the wiring and sockets on the front of the car...Have you up'd the wattage of the bulbs in the new headlamps too? That may also give you some problems...
I had a blowout on the driver's side front tire recently that destroyed the Wipac headlight bucket and also launched the headlight trim ring into the next county....tire shards simply punched the headlight assembly right out the front of the fender and shattered the bucket.

I thought I was going to have to buy the parts directly from an online operator in England, then did a search on FleaBay and came up with a fellow who sells under the name of GBCarParts (something like that). Anyway, rather than buying what he offered on the evilbay, I contacted him directly through the "contact us" link on his website and got exactly what I needed for less than the shipping alone would have been from Great Brittain. I like the parts so much that soon I'll order another for the other side...the trim ring attaches MUCH more securely to the new part than to the existing part.

My car has the halogen bulb adaptor, so I went to my O'Reilly's and bought their brightest halogens...VERY happy with the results. My night vision is better now than with the new factory cars in the family...

It's an option if you're having trouble finding parts for any of the Brittish cars. I have no affiliation with the seller, just felt lucky that I managed to avoid the hellashous shipping charges from England and wanted to share the source with anyone who needs similar parts.

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!