View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Default 10 Years and still counting.

Well I got my Cobra running today, FINALLY, after 10 years! I bought the car From B & B in 2002. The company I work for went through bankruptcy in 2004, then my three boys had college expenses, and lastly we paid off the house. (Now I know why all the guys I see driving Cobras have gray hair).
Three years ago, I once again started collecting "parts" for Christmas and birthdays. I can't believe how long it took me to decide on engine size, transmission type, and wheel size, but I finally got it all together, and today, I got to "drive" it home. I had it at my friend's auto shop, because I had so many questions, he said, just bring it down and work on it there. Next month, I'll start on the body work, BUT I CAN NOW DRIVE IT! Actually, I kind of like it primer grey, with no interior. Like a big go-kart.
A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO BRYAN AND CO FOR QUICKLY ANSWERING ALL MY STUPID QUESTIONS.
I guess owning a Cobra is like life, it's a journey, not a destination.
My car... 428, dual quad, edelbrock heads, 10:5 to 1, solid roller cam, TKO 600, with a 4:11/9" rear end . It is scary quick! Is it possible to be too quick?
I just wanted to say thanks to all who participate on this forum. It provided me with many hours of useful AND conflicting information. When I had no money I had lots of time to study, plan and wish. :-)