Thread: CSX 9000 sales?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

Hi Steve, I'd think twice about a Mk II. Aside from the convenience features, I agree that the 1st generation looks better but, much more importantly, from what I've been hearing, Mk II quality is not terrific and getting support, other than lip service, hasn't been terrific either. Case in point, Jeff Smith's Mk II in Miami. He's been passed around like a hot potato between Superformance, Roush, Olthoff and everyone else involved in his car and I can bet that anyone of those involved who reads this post will give you their spin how Jeff's problems are not their fault and all they've done but Jeff still has all those problems with no one really doing anything except pointing their collective fingers to someone else - and, add to which, Roush, definitely not what they used to be either in my opinion, neither in power, performance, reliability, or warranty. Best bet, buy a 1st generation car and spend a fraction of the price difference between what it cost and what a Mk II would cost built out to do it your way! Ron

Last edited by rcweingart; 11-18-2012 at 02:51 PM..