View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default More on Rear Shocks

For the last several years B&Bs came standard with the QA-1 75 series small tube coilover shock on the rears. I have read that some people feel the standard 185 lb. rear springs are to soft and sometimes hit the bump stops.

I have been evaluating those shocks and found they make four shocks the same lengths with different valve settings. The part numbers are 7564, 7563,7562,7561. The 7564 is the stiffest. Since different valve settings does effect handling, I am wondering if some feeling the springs are to soft may just be they have softer valved shocks.

I have found that B&B cars were not consistant with same shock valving on the cars. I have 7564 and I know of others have the 7563. If you know what part number you have are you happy with it? Is it to soft, hard, or just right. Please state which one you have. I know this may be subjective.

If you have the Carrea, I can cross those numbers over.

Thanks.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger

Last edited by Wbulk; 11-25-2012 at 01:15 PM..