Thread: CSX 9000 sales?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

Hi Bruce, Jeff's main problem is the A/C. Apparently after a lot of hassle and being passed around, Jeff hired an independent auto A/C mechanic and it appears that the problem is the SPF supplied A/C system itself, either the evaporator or expansion valve or somewhere in between. Getting it taken care of has been a many months process and it still has to be corrected with a lot of expense to Jeff. There have been problems with fit and finish and with parts breaking, cracking, distorting, etc. I have heard from other people that the quality of the MkII isn't as good as the first series and from we've discussed, handling and performance have been compromised in favor of visual appearance, specifically we think the suspension with the shortened control arms so they could fit the deep dish wheels. I personally like the look of deeper wheels but don't know how much the shortened control arms affect handling and ride as I haven't driven the Mk II so I personally can't comment if the trade off is worth it. Jeff has been swamped with the sorting out process and with those concerned saying it is the other person's fault/responsibility and with all the aggravation of trying to get his car sorted out by the car and the people, it has been a very unhappy experience for Jeff. Jeff has been very unhappy with Roush for numerous reasons and, without going into all of them, one in particular bothers me. Roush installed a proprietary ECU for the DFI but has locked the ECU so you can't hook up to it, not that it would matter much as Roush also will not disclose the program, and you can't get the engine tuned except possibly by a Roush engine dealer assuming they know what they're doing. The solution is to buy a new ECU from another manufacturer and have a performance tuner install an unlocked program and map the engine. This voids the warranty but you can tune the engine and, the way people are complaining about Roush's handling of its warranty, you might ask, "what loss?" I heard Dennis Olthoff is offering an alternative ECU and program for a few thousand if one wanted to go that route.