Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Replica Motor Company
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
We chatted today on the phone.
One thing that came to mind after our phone call was the question as to whether your body is actually a series 1 or series 2.

The external body is actually the same between the two. The only thing that changed was the inner fiberglass tub.

The series 1 tub had only a small moulded recess for the single side chassis rail where as the series 2 had to cover the twin rails.

The twin rails when measured in the foot well area were about 240mm top to bottom. That means the inner tub had to have a deeper moulding to cover those side rails.

The fiberglass tub at that same point, measured 220mm deep to cover the side rails. Hense the approx 20-25mm of exposed chassis below the sill.

So measure the side of the inner tub moulding about half way between the door opening and the front of the footbox and if it measures about 220 mm then it is for a series 2 chassis.
Thanks for the intelligent discussion that I had with you this afternoon and now I believe that my RMC is a Series 2.

As you had indicated that the top stacker is a 50 x 50mm RHS and the bottom stacker is a 75 x50mm RHS configuration with a 25 mm overhang

Now if I measure from the top stacker to the lowest portion of the return in the sill I will come with the 220mm as mentioned..

In fact it is 223mm.