View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

I've never seen a schematic for my EM so consider this advice for troubleshooting brake light problems in general. I see two ways to wire the four tail lights on my car. One way is to wire the bright elements on all four lights to both the brake switch and and turn signal switch. This would give you four brake lights when braking with both on one side flashing on/off when the turn signal is on. The other way is to wire one red light on each side to illuminate when the brakes are pressed, and wire the other red light of each side to the turn signal switch. This would give you one brake light on each side and a separate flashing red light when the turn signal is on.

The point of the above explanation is to suggest you find out if your brake lights go through the turn signal switch. If they do, that may be the source of your problem. The other very common problem in these fiberglass body cars is bad grounds. If you have no lights at all from the rear lights, then it is likely a bad ground.

If you are determined to replace the harness, then several of the popular hotrod style harnesses would work. Just pick one that has electrical systems you have on your car.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor