Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Spanners for Cobras

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
Hi Bruce, yes that's what I was thinking but I'm looking forward to seeing what yours look like.
Nick,

I only have three spanners left, I might have some more at the other house with my emergency tool box, not sure though. The two larger ones look a little more like yours but are polished and have the size stamped in a rectangle shaped depression along BSW stamped right below the size. The other side has BSF below the size and the the size designation is different. The smaller spanner (1/8 and 3/16) only has the size and it is stamped in a depressed circle on one side only. Did you guys have a king with a short foot in the early 1900's? I am guessing that different thread counts with the same flat dimensions had different bolt diameters. Right after I bought my car I got a set of adjustable wrenches because I really did not like these spanners and I HATE adjustable wrenches. I had to tighten a lower ball joint retainer on a road trip with the hammer and screw driver that came in the tool kit because the supplied spanner would not fit inside the lower upright access hole. It was on the grapevine route to LA and it was snowing, not a happy experience.