Thread: New build
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

clois, i do have two brand new rack and pinions sitting in the shop. one is the quick i think 16-1 and the other 18ish-1, not sure, but they are both quicker than the jbl which is 20ish-1. i cut a little thread off one end of each rack, prob. 1/2" or less. let me know if you want one.

the shorter column puts the wheel too far out for me, i like the wheel a little closer and the controls on this one were too close to the cowling, but i think the previous owner might have had something to do with that in his modification. the replaced column was not turning well, so i took it out and found a piece of gear inside, not good, and i couldn't get into the column far enough to find out where it came from, probably the tilt mechanism. plus not fitting well so i just replaced it which i was wanting to do someday anyway. i think the length i took out was a 32". the new one turns soooo much better.

also, i would suggest a good steering wheel adapter hookup, this one i am replacing also as there is a lot of play in it. the car drives very precise with no rubber in the front.

here are the vids mat, i don't know the setup but the dailey pump has the seperator i believe.

Video of V8 oil return on standard pump - YouTube

Video of V8 oil test with Dailey pump - YouTube

bill told me the oil recirculates every 15-18 seconds in the tank btw.

Last edited by vector1; 12-12-2012 at 06:56 AM..