View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
Bill, Think about a Watts link rather than a rear sway bar. Much more effective.
No, it's not. A sway bar and a watts link do two very different things.

If I had a solid axle, I would seriously consider Gordon's 5 link, which includes a watts link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles roybal View Post
This is where I got mine, many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_ View Post
x2 on Fortes. Just call him and he will help you decide which bar is best for your individual application. I have one of his front bars and couldn't be happier with it.
I'v done a lot of business with Mike over the years. Excellent products, and even better service.

You need to understand what bar does. In a nutshell, you use them as a tuning device. They add wheel rate. You can adjust them to improve poor handeling manners, like oversteer and understeer. They are not a panacea for a bad suspension set up.

With that thought in mind, evaluate what your goals are or what your problems are. For some problems, adding wheel rate will make them worse. Bars need to be adjustable, especially for a car like this. There is no one-size-fits-all bar available. These cars are individually unique, and you'll need to do some analysis to do the right thing.

I have adjustable bars front and rear. In the front, I use the max wheel rate the bar is capable of. In the rear, I generally add a little bit of bar, but not a whole lot.

On the street, I disconnect both bars, front and rear. They add too much wheel rate to be comfortable. Without the bars, the car handles better than any street car I've ever driven.

Do some reading on suspension problems and sway bars. There are dozens of excellent web sites with reams of information and pictures.

Also, do a little research on Suspension Frequency.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto

Last edited by bobcowan; 12-13-2012 at 10:04 AM..