View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#520, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     
Default Legacy plate california

For you guys in the great state of California.......The DMV site has a form for requesting plates from the 50's,60's and 70's with your personalized info. I just sent my check for $50 with my info on a Yellow over black 60's plate.........Get on it!!!! The plates will not look exactly like the originals but they do offer you flexibility.60's plates will not be 3 characters, blank, 3 characters like the originals...........They will be Blank, 3 characters, 3 characters.........if you want 6 characters. They offer 2 through 7 !/2 characters.........Check it out.............If they get 2500 requests by 201X the program goes through..........The state needs $$$$$$ This is a WIN WIN

No matter what you have heard reproduction yellow on black plates are not legal on new cars........CSX, Superformance, ERA, FFR, etc. Check with your local Highway Patrol Inspection Station should you not believe. I have metal yellow over black plates that are identical to the originals........that does not make them legal............my CSX4000 was first registered in 2010..........