Thread: New build
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

Here's some more pics of the body on the frame. Larry is currently fabing up radiator mount. I think it looks great in the pics. Its a very tidy fit. He also raised the body in relation to the chassis about 1.25". This does several things. It should make fitting an air cleaner relatively easy with out increasing the size of the bubble on the hood. Thats pretty cool considering I'm running a Victor Jr manifold. It also gives me more head room in the cockpit. I'm 6' 3" and will have pleny of room for a helmet. He probably won't have to modify the seat at all to get me more head room. I'd say most people 6'4" should fit comfortably in this car. I'm not sure other Daytona Coupes can accomodate that height. Lastly, it gives the wheels in the wheel well a good look. Currenty ride height of the chassis is 5-3/4". I'll easily be able to lower the ride height 1/2-1" to give it an even lower slung look. If I really go crazy I can lower 2+" for track events. On to the pictures

Here's a good pic of the radiator. It will of course be boxed in and shrouded to force all the air coming thru the radiator to go out of the hole in the hood.

More pics of the body from various angles.

Let me know what other angles/areas of pictures you'd like to see and I'll see what I can do.

Mat