Thread: BFGoodrich
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Of all the items a seller might apply to flatter his car, tires are the most easily changed by a future owner. Unlike garish paint or a custom approach, using attractive tires that are commonly thought to be better than adequate does not prejudice a sale one way or another. The seller is not obliged to hope for a buyer that thinks as he does. If a buyer wishes to equip the car with Avons or Michelin Pilots, he is free to do so without re-working the car to suit his taste. Using BF Goodrich TA's is not a matter of taste. The tires do not define the car being offered for sale in a way a future owner may not recognize as something he, too, would do. They're just round things the cars rolls on to the stage. Any round things, clean and properly prepared, will work as well as any other. So why spend money on them as an owner would a paint treatment or a sculpted fender line?