View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     
Default New JBL Coupe Build

I'm starting over with my build thread with a more appropriate name and I'll provide a little more background on my build up front. My build is a JBL Coupe, built by Larry Goins of Goins Motorsports, and designed by Richard Hudgins. Luckily for me, not Larry, I live very close to him in Tulsa. I can even check up on him over lunch, which I've done more than a few times.
The reason I chose JBL was simple, the chassis design is unlike any other. Number one, its pure eye candy with the monocoque design and use of billet is a trick looking plus. I'm confident from testimonials I've read that it will perform as good as it looks. See more details on their website at JBLmotor.com for more chassis details.
I chose Brent Lykins to build my motor. He's a regular contributor on CC and was a joy to work with. His attention to detail is impressive and his willingness to go the extra mile to make me happy was remarkable. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a high quality engine built.
I'll repost some of my previous pics from my "new build" thread and keep new pics here. If you have questions, please post, PM me, or better yet, contact Larry for more detailed details. On to some pics....if I can figure out this dang mac laptop......

first pic of frame skeleton. Looks rigid already.

frame all boxed in. Now its rigid!

Dry sump tank mounted snugly- where it will fit

frame in paint

Brake lines getting installed

Trans tunnel with dry sump lines installed

Note the cavernous interior space, well slighty cavernous

Sidepipe development - cant' wait to hear these

Bad ass pics as it was displayed at Hallett for RunNGun

That's enough for now. My cut and paste fingers hurt.

Mat