View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

PART 2
Well.. I`m Back with and update but not a good one unfortunately.
After haggling with the warranty dept, I fianlly got the to take back the engine for a rebuild. That being said I had to pay for the shipping labour and parts at "cost"..but I would get a 3 month warranty. Once they disassembled the engine the reported "oval cylinders" and confirmed this was not caused by any misuse or abuse on my part... YES my first question was also then it should be under warranty!!..NOPE guess again.

It was recommended to me that the block be replaced along with the rings (kept the pistons).. gaskets etc. All said and done it cost me ANOTHER 4736.50$

I asked that the engine be cleaned and returnes as new.. it came back unpolished and dirty.

I cleaned it and re-installed it. I followed the break in porcedures to a "T" but right out of the gate she was burning oil again. I remained in constant communication with Roush to keep them up to date. I even went as far as sending them a video of the vivid BLUE smoke exiting the pipes on acceleration and when I let off. They did not contest the proof and considering our Canadian climate I kept the engine in and continued to drive it adding oil and gas. I removed it at the end of the season and am ready to ship her back. My dilema is what to do. I dont want this engine back it has a bad omen to it.

Does anyone know why this engine could still be burning oil??? bad intake? seals?? the rings are new... doesn't seem to be compressing in the base... it is burning more oil than before the rebuild. 1/2 pint per tank of gas. I was using the recommend oil weight from Roush 10w30.

Please help, I am getting ready to send the engine back and I would like to hear from any pro engine builders or people who have experience the same trouble. thanks!!!